Advanced D Driver Training
Course code: MOTR 3407
Length: 75 hours
Cost: $3,285 (includes $405 non-tax deductible supply fee, parking is not included)
The ‘Advanced D’ training program qualifies as a Second Career Program.
Location: Durham College, Whitby Campus
This advanced course consists of 28 hours of practical training and 47 hours of theory. Participants will learn log book/hours of service regulations, how to conduct pre-trip inspections and practice shifting gears on multi-speed transmission. The in-vehicle, one-on-one training will be personally scheduled with the instructor.
Prerequisites are to be completed prior to the start of the first class:
Applicants must be 18 years of age and must possess:
- A valid Ontario Class “G” licence;
- Air brake endorsement “Z”;
- MTO medical report, vision test and written test (taken at the MTO); and
- Driver’s abstract.
- February 6 – March 1, Monday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
- April 3 – May 5, Monday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
- May 29 – June 30, Tuesday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
- July 10 – August 11, Monday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
- August 28 – September 29, Monday-Friday 7:45 am – 4:00 pm
Withdrawals and refunds:
Refunds will be issued only if the Official Withdrawal form is received no later than three business days prior to the program’s scheduled start date.
Please note: all refunds are subject to a cancellation fee.