Boom Truck Training – Zero to Eight Ton Crane
Course code: CRAN 1400
Length: 40 hours
Cost: $1,325.00 (includes a $335 non-tax deductible fee for supplies; does not include parking fees)
Boom Truck-Zero to Eight Ton Crane training qualifies as a Second Career Program.
Location: Durham College, Whitby Campus
Participants in this program will receive specialized training on Zero to Eight ton cranes. Course topics include high voltage, the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), hand signals, rigging, crane set-ups and load charts. This course, which includes eight hours of hands-on training, is recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Durham College certificate and wallet-size card.
Please note: Ministry testing is not included. Cost is approx. $100. This can be scheduled with our Durham College Whitby Testing Centre – Whitby Campus 1610 Champlain Ave, Whitby. Brenda Martin 905-721-2000, ext 4233.
In-class (32 hours):
- Calculate load on equal-lengths slings;
- Crane set-up;
- Load charts;
- Manuals, regulations and policies;
- Operating near high voltage;
- Outriggers and stabilizers;
- Pre-operational inspection;
- Rigging and rigging hardware;
- Signals and communication;
- Types, components, terms and concepts; and
- Wire rope.
Practical (eight hours):
- Hands-on operating
- Previous practical experience; and
- Required safety equipment: safety boots, glasses and work gloves.
- March 27 – 31, Monday – Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- March 27 – April 3, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- May 29 – June 2, Monday – Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- May 29 – June 5, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- June 19 – 23, Monday – Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- June 19 – 26, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- August 14 – 18, Monday – Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- August 14 – 21, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Withdrawals and refunds:
Refunds will be issued only if the Official Withdrawal form is received no later than three business days prior to the program’s scheduled start date.
Please note: all refunds are subject to a cancellation fee.