- Backflow & Cross Connection (Full Program)
- Backflow Recertification
- Boom Truck Training – Zero to Eight Ton Crane
- Building Environmental Systems
- Chlorofluorocarbon/Ozone Depletion Prevention (CFC/ODP)
- Forklift Operator (4 piece)
- Forklift – Telehandler Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- LEED Green Building Strategies & Green Associate Exam Preparation Course
- Overhead Crane Training
- Warehousing & Logistics
Boom Truck Training – Zero to Eight Ton Crane
Course code: CRAN 1400
Length: 40 hours
Cost: $1,265.00 (includes a $335 non-tax deductible fee for supplies; does not include parking fees)
Location: Durham College, Whitby Campus
Participants in this program will receive specialized training on Zero to Eight ton cranes. Course topics include high voltage, the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), hand signals, rigging, crane set-ups and load charts. This course, which includes eight hours of hands-on training, is recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Boom Truck-Zero to Eight Ton Crane training qualifies as a Second Career Program. Launched in June 2008, Second Career is a provincial government program that enables laid-off Ontarians to train for new jobs in demand careers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Durham College certificate and wallet-size card.
Please note: Ministry testing is not included. Cost is approx. $100. This can be scheduled with our Durham College Whitby Testing Centre – Whitby Campus 1610 Champlain Ave, Whitby. Kerrie-Ann Taylor-905-721-2000, ext 4233.
In-class (32 hours):
- Calculate load on equal-lengths slings;
- Crane set-up;
- Load charts;
- Manuals, regulations and policies;
- Operating near high voltage;
- Outriggers and stabilizers;
- Pre-operational inspection;
- Rigging and rigging hardware;
- Signals and communication;
- Types, components, terms and concepts; and
- Wire rope.
Practical (eight hours):
- Hands-on operating
- Previous practical experience; and
- Required safety equipment: safety boots, glasses and work gloves.
- June 20 – 24, Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- June 20 – 27, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- August 15 – 19, Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
- August 15 – 22, Monday – Thursday & Monday, 8:00 – 4:00 pm
Withdrawals and refunds:
Refunds will be issued only if the Official Withdrawal form is received no later than three business days prior to the program’s scheduled start date.
Please note: all refunds are subject to a cancellation fee.
To register of for more information please contact us:
Corporate Training Services
1610 Champlain Avenue
Whitby, Ontario L1N 6A7
T: 905.721.3347 or 1.800.816.3615