Chlorofluorocarbon/Ozone Depletion Prevention (CFC/ODP)
The Province of Ontario Ministry of the Environment regulates the training and certification of all persons who handle refrigerants, including technicians who service automotive air conditioning systems, and require that anyone who handles refrigerants to be certified through the HRAI (Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada).
Environmental Awareness Certificate (Ozone Depletion Card) Renewal
Environmental Awareness (ODP) certificate holders are required to update their information and renew their certificate every five years, before the certificate’s renewal date, upon payment of a renewal fee.
Individuals who allow their ODP certification to expire must attend this one-day course and write the corresponding exam.
Objectives of the course
- Introduce current Federal government regulations under the Environmental Protection Act.
- Help service personnel understand and meet provincial regulations.
- Explain the problem with CFC’s/HCFC’s/HFC’s, and outline ways of reducing environmental damage.
- Introduce refrigeration and air conditioning service personnel to the provisions of Environment Canada’s “Code of Practice for Reduction of CFC emission from Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems.”
- Provide for “certification” of service personnel in CFC/HCFC/HFC emission control.
Cost: $175/per person-includes exam fees