(TSSA) TECHNICAL STANDARDS AND SAFETY AUTHORITY
Durham College administers the Gas Tech 2 and Gas Tech 3 exams as well as the Oil Burner 2 and Oil Burner 3 exams on behalf of TSSA.
DURHAM COLLEGE STUDENTS PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE FOR YOUR EXAM:
- Click here: http://www.durhamcollege.ca/mycampus/
- Enter in your Username (your 9-digit student ID number) and your 6-digit Password and click on Login. The first time you log in, your password will be your birth date which must be answered as MMDDYY
- Click on Self-Service Options icon (top of screen)
- Click on Student Information – Durham College link
- Click on Registration link
- Click on TSSA Exam Registration link
Once you are registered, you will receive an email confirming your registration. Please keep your credit card receipt for income tax purposes. You will receive a final email confirmation two weeks before the exam date showing exam room details, time of exam, etc.
TSSA 2016 EXAM DATE:
|Exam Date||Registration Deadline|
|Saturday, December 17,2016 9:30 am||Thursday November 17, 2016, 4 pm|
TSSA fees = $175
CTS Administration fee = $60 (covers office staff, proctoring, courier fees, etc)
Fee payable at registration time = $235
Note: Payments are NOT to be made directly to TSSA if you are registering with Durham College.
Payment Options: Credit card online (Debit also available in person in CTS, Room 152, Whitby campus). Please note that cash payments cannot be accepted.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel, you must do so more than 15 business days prior to the scheduled exam date.
Special Accommodations: Accommodations for students with special circumstances are possible only when detailed medical reports or Individual Education Plans from the Ministry of Education, with stated learning accommodations, are submitted to TSSA prior to registering for the exam. If you are a Durham College student currently registered with the Access and Support Centre, please contact the Whitby ASC office to arrange accommodations for your TSSA exam with Corporate Training Services.
IMPORTANT EXAM SESSION INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- You MUST bring valid government photo ID (Drivers License, Passport) with you to the exam session for identification.
- You are NOT allowed to have any cell phones, PDA, pagers, tablets, computers, etc. in the exam room. If you bring these to the session they will need to be left in a designated area in the exam room and we cannot guarantee the safety of the items.
- Once the exam begins, you are not allowed to leave the room. If you must leave the room for any reason, other than a building emergency, your exam will be considered completed.
- You are allowed only non-programmable calculators. If you bring a programmable calculator you will not be allowed to use it and no substitute will be supplied.
- If you forget one of the permitted reference items or have an item disallowed because of writing in it, no replacement items will be available and you will not be allowed to borrow one.
- ONLY UNMARKED APPROVED CODE BOOKS ARE PERMITTED. Books with high-lighting are allowed; however, books with writing in them are not allowed.
Reference Material Permitted in Examinations
Fuels Certification (pass mark 75%)
- Technical Standards and Safety Act
- Fuels Regulations
- Code Adoption Documents
Gas Technician 1, 2, 3 Gas Piping Fitter, Domestic Appliance Technician
- CAN/CSA-B149, 1-05 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code, A National Standard of Canada
- B149.1S1-07, Supplement No. 1 to CAN/CSA-B149.1-05, Natural gas and propane installation code (January 2007)
- CAN/CSA-B149.2-05 Propane storage and handling code, A National Standard of Canada
- B149.2S1-07* Supplement No. 1 to CAN/CSA-B149.2-05, Propane storage and handling code (January 2007)
Oil Burner Technician 1, 2, 3 Oil Piping Fitter
- Ontario installation code for oil-burning equipment (Based on CSA B139, with Ontario amendments) 1st Edition / 2006
Phone: 905.721.2000 ex.4017
Corporate Training Services
Room 160, Whitby Campus