Backflow Recertification Program or Challenge Exam
|Length:||16 hours (8hrs. theory & 8hrs. practical)|
includes books, exams and five-year certification fee
The Pipes Are Calling
Maintaining water quality is critical to the health and wellbeing of our community. Are you a licensed Cross Connection Control Specialist in need of backflow recertification? Led by industry experts, this highly specialized, program gives you a comprehensive refresher on the devices and methods used for cross-connection control; its application in water supply systems and the procedures used to test the devices.
First we’ll review the causes of backflow prevention and how it’s prevented. Then, you will get an update on the latest cross connection devices and their testing criteria, as well as their health and safety issues and how to identify hazards. Finally, you will demonstrate your knowledge by safely applying backflow prevention methods during your written and practical Challenge.
Participants must be current testers.
- AS OF JANUARY 2012 the minimum OWWA certification of 1 year will be increased to 5 years
- For all programs – all theory exams require a mark of 75% to pass and all practical exams require 100% to pass
Challenge Exam Participants:
- Students will receive a study guide and current manual prior to the test.
- Must supply their own test equipment for the practical exam.
- Challenge exams may only be attempted once. If unsuccessful the student will need to complete the 16 hr. re-certification program.
Withdrawals and refunds:
Refunds will be issued only if the Official Withdrawal form is received no later than three business days prior to the program’s scheduled start date.
Please note: all refunds are subject to a cancellation fee.
Backflow Recertification Challenge Exam